Vitamin I

Original writing by Kohenet Ilana Joy Streit, as well as favorite quotes, links and occasional recipes

Name:
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts, United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

At least once in her life...

In honor of the Fast of Esther (which is today) and the upcoming holiday of Purim (which is tonight), and in honor of Women's History Month, a poem in progress:

At least once in her life,
every woman should
1. cut her hair really short
2. take a self-defense class
3. unplug her phone for a month


These are individual pieces of wisdom/advice/guidance that I've received from other women. (Thanks to my friend H for recently contributing #3 to the list.) I'm eager to know what else we can come up with -- maybe something along the lines of "When I am an Old Woman, I Shall Wear Purple."

(I'd be curious to see a list for men as well, but I know that I'm not the one to write it.)

For the record, I took a self-defense class in college and have not (yet) gotten my hair cut really short.

Living at a retreat center for 9 months (where I could be reached by phone only really when I was in the office) may qualify me for the 3rd.

How about you? Any to add?

(If you have trouble posting a comment to this post, please email me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home