Enchanted Ingredient: cereal salad
I invented cereal salad, the breakfast food, but A. (E.'s girlfriend) is the one who coined the phrase.
I think I wind up putting about a dozen different things in my cereal.
To wit:
1. usually some kind of commercially prepared cereal: granola and/or something organic and low-wheat (actually, from this point on, in this and future posts, assume that most ingredients are organically grown)
2. oat bran (I actually like oat bran.)
3. puffed kamut and/or millet
4. raisins?
5. sunflower seeds
6. walnuts and/or cashews and/or pecans and/or almonds
7. vanilla and/or original Edensoy soymilk
8. cinnamon? often. cardamom? occasionally
9. hazelnut milk? oat milk? if I have some of one or the other, I'll add it.
10. shredded coconut
11. frozen blueberries, although never in combination with raisins. particularly useful when the only liquid is plan soymilk.
12. banana? eh. not so much recently.
So it's a whole production. Funny: a dozen, on the nose. But that's not including sub-parts.
The interesting thing is that since soy milk is sweeter than cow's milk, if you're using soy milk you can eat cereal that's been less sweetened.
Well, maybe that *isn't* the interesting thing.
I think I wind up putting about a dozen different things in my cereal.
To wit:
1. usually some kind of commercially prepared cereal: granola and/or something organic and low-wheat (actually, from this point on, in this and future posts, assume that most ingredients are organically grown)
2. oat bran (I actually like oat bran.)
3. puffed kamut and/or millet
4. raisins?
5. sunflower seeds
6. walnuts and/or cashews and/or pecans and/or almonds
7. vanilla and/or original Edensoy soymilk
8. cinnamon? often. cardamom? occasionally
9. hazelnut milk? oat milk? if I have some of one or the other, I'll add it.
10. shredded coconut
11. frozen blueberries, although never in combination with raisins. particularly useful when the only liquid is plan soymilk.
12. banana? eh. not so much recently.
So it's a whole production. Funny: a dozen, on the nose. But that's not including sub-parts.
The interesting thing is that since soy milk is sweeter than cow's milk, if you're using soy milk you can eat cereal that's been less sweetened.
Well, maybe that *isn't* the interesting thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home