Cleaning House, and the White House
Just in case you were wondering, John Kerry's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention lasted just about long enough for me to clean a long-neglected stove. I didn't touch the oven itself, but got to pretty much every other surface, including all the dials on the front of the stove. Six dials: 4 burners, one oven -- so what was the sixth one for? It said "grid." Yes, that's right. After living in this house since December, I discovered that my stove has a built-in griddle. And yes, I cleaned both the griddle and the griddle cover.
Thanks, John.
I used probably a quarter cup of baking soda. (Thanks to whoever told me that baking soda cuts grease.) Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.
I used a scrubbee cloth that I got from my Oma, perhaps from Israel. I washed it a bunch of times in the kitchen sink.
I like this John Kerry guy. I have to say, I still don't think I'd recognize his face. No matter.
Thanks to WHYY in Philly. This is the longest in a long time I've listened to anyone talking on the radio.
News. I've been gradually building up to actually actively seeking out mass media news consumption.
I have a personal custom of defrosting and cleaning out my fridge on September 11. Now I'm excited to see how my kitchen will benefit during this election season.
And I hope that the energy and passion I put into cleaning up my kitchen will have some kind of karmic effect on the White House.
Greetings and grease, Ilana
Thanks, John.
I used probably a quarter cup of baking soda. (Thanks to whoever told me that baking soda cuts grease.) Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.
I used a scrubbee cloth that I got from my Oma, perhaps from Israel. I washed it a bunch of times in the kitchen sink.
I like this John Kerry guy. I have to say, I still don't think I'd recognize his face. No matter.
Thanks to WHYY in Philly. This is the longest in a long time I've listened to anyone talking on the radio.
News. I've been gradually building up to actually actively seeking out mass media news consumption.
I have a personal custom of defrosting and cleaning out my fridge on September 11. Now I'm excited to see how my kitchen will benefit during this election season.
And I hope that the energy and passion I put into cleaning up my kitchen will have some kind of karmic effect on the White House.
Greetings and grease, Ilana

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home