Vitamin I

Original writing by Kohenet Ilana Joy Streit, as well as favorite quotes, links and occasional recipes

Name:
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts, United States

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Collected Quotes

I've used most of these as signature quotes. Enjoy!

"The need to capture and express what the rest of the world can't or won't see is a major driving force of an artist." ~ Barbara Ware Holmes (in the book Letters to Julia, which I own and am happy to loan out)

"We decided that it was no good asking what is the meaning of life, because life isn't an answer, life is a question, and you, yourself are the answer." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin

"Such grain is considered to belong to an intermediate category between immovable and movable property." ~ Steinsaltz on the Talmud: Baba Metzia 31A

to make visible that which, without you, might perhaps have never been seen
 (I read this on a poster at U Penn a few years ago and don't know the source.)

"To live is so startling, it leaves little time for anything else." ~ Emily Dickinson

True learning takes energy, passion, and a burning desire. Anger is a big part of that formula, for passion is anger and love combined.
(Page 47, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki with Sharon Lechter)

"Life is short, but the days and nights are long." Cheryl Wheeler

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."  ~ unknown

"Go ahead, push your luck, find out how much love the world can hold."
> Dar Williams <

+++++++++++++++++++++++
"mmmm impossible dreams
make children of us all
down the rabbit hole
we fall
and eat and drink and grow
and make our heart a home
and often wonder why
wonder when
when we will fly over the rainbow"
- Jennie Avila (half of this very sweet singer/songwriting duo named Amy and Jennie) in the song "How Rich The Life"

************

"I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important tome must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood."                                - audre lorde

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Wherehave I gone wrong?"  Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." --Charlie Brown

"PEACE is joy at rest. JOY is peace standing on its feet." - Anne Lamott's pastor's mother (Imagine: What America Could Be in the 21st Century)

Our task: "to leave the campsite of Earth cleaner than it was."    - Sam Daley-Harris (Imagine: What America Could Be in the 21st Century)

"Politics: The energy one expends to create a community to meet one's spiritual needs." ~ Martha Ackelsberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home