Vitamin I

Original writing by Kohenet Ilana Joy Streit, as well as favorite quotes, links and occasional recipes

Name:
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Chanuka Recipe - Yum!

Recipe for Super-yummy, Nightshade-free Latkes

Here's what I wound up making last night:

Mix together:

  • grated carrots, beets and sweet potatoes
  • egg
  • chickpea flour
  • fresh garlic and ginger (minced)
  • cooked cannelini beans
Fry, flip (you know, like latkes).

Then top with

Serve with pieces of sheet nori. Scoop up the topped latke with nori, like a gluten-free pita :-)

Now that's what I call Chag Urim Sameach!!!

(Next time I would also put fresh parsley in)
Notes:

1. No, I am not receiving any royalties from these links.
2. "Chag urim sameach" is the traditional greeting for Chanuka. It means, "[May it be a] joyful festival of lights."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home