Tu Bishevat (Happy birthday to me!)
Tonight is Tu Bishevat: the fifteenth - and therefore, the full moon - of the month of Shevat.
Also known as Chag Ha'Ilanot (the festival of the trees, the festival of the Ilana's)
Some songs for Tu Bishevat:
1. Seed by Emma's Revolution
2. Shirat Ha'asavim
When I learned it, I only learned the first stanza. Words:
da lecha
shekol ro'eh vero'eh
yesh lo nigun meyuchad mishelo
da lecha
shekol esev va'esev
yesh lo shira meyuchedet mishelo
umeshirat ha'asavim ne'esah nigun
shel ro'eh
Know that every shepherd has his own melody.
Know that every blade of grass has its own song.
And from the song of the grass
comes the melody of the shepherd.
Also known as Chag Ha'Ilanot (the festival of the trees, the festival of the Ilana's)
Some songs for Tu Bishevat:
1. Seed by Emma's Revolution
2. Shirat Ha'asavim
When I learned it, I only learned the first stanza. Words:
da lecha
shekol ro'eh vero'eh
yesh lo nigun meyuchad mishelo
da lecha
shekol esev va'esev
yesh lo shira meyuchedet mishelo
umeshirat ha'asavim ne'esah nigun
shel ro'eh
Know that every shepherd has his own melody.
Know that every blade of grass has its own song.
And from the song of the grass
comes the melody of the shepherd.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home